Friday, August 1, 2008

Super fun...

Sorry, I have been out of touch. I am sure there are many e-mails in my inbox, but I can't get to them. This is how my Monday went:



The first pictures are bad because they are from my cell phone. A ginormous tree fell from my neighbors' yard between our two house. When it fell it crushed the electrical poll that carries the line from the street to the back house. The electric company came right out to reset the poll and reconnect the wires. The tree cutters came out to give them a path to work (3rd picture).

When the electric company was resetting the poll they ran their "Moon Walker" into our septic tank absolutely CRUSHING it. I was outside telling him to stop and not go any further, but what do I know...I'm just a girl. Psst...I know where the septic tank is.



Yes, the machine is half way in the septic tank about to fall into the front house. To save their equipment the tied a winch to a dead, nearly hollow tree. Awesome. Not only did a tree fall (act of nature), but the electric company destroys the septic tank, nearly rolls into the back of the house, then tries to pull it out by pulling a tree directly onto the house. Really, good times.

Thankfully, nothing important was hurt. The dogs were out of the way and are OK, the tree scraped down both sides of the houses with out breaking windows or putting holes in the roof, etc. Of course, the electric company is paying for a new septic system, but that's still a huge mess.

How does this affect you, my lovely swappers? We work on dial-up at the house. The phone line was taken out in all that mess. It hasn't been restored because it hangs too low and the septic and tree removal equipment will just take it out again. I'm working off free wireless where I can, but that's not often. I promise I'm not done making sure everyone gets what they deserve swap-wise, but it may be several days before I can get access to the info I need. Thanks, ladies!

=]

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I just sent you an email, please disregard it! Holy Hannah! You have had quite the go of it...praying all get repaired quickly and smoothly, for your sake! Sheesh!

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you're okay. That sounds like a horrible beginning to the week. Makes me want to put on I Hate Mondays by the Boomtown Rats.

kristin said...

I'm glad that everyone is ok!! You have had way too much deal with!

Sarah said...

Holy Shmoly!!! I'm glad you're okay!!

Quiltingranny said...

Wow! I can empathize with your plight! In December a terrible storm hit our area and we were declared a disaster area. While we only lost our roof, many around us had tree's land in or on their homes. My prayers go up for you, I know the stress you are feeling, but thank you for posting when you can.

Syntax and Salt said...

I'm sending good thoughts your way and hope all is well!

MoM B. said...

Just to let you know you are in our thoughts! That's amazing! And I too am glad no one was hurt. I'd take the rest of the month off---

Stacy said...

YIKES!!!! So glad to hear you and your furry buds are well. Keep smiling.

Anonymous said...

What a mess!!! So sorry but glad everyone is okay.